- it's light on my drive space,
- notepad is always in everyone's machine n smartphones,
- it's virusfree
- it allows me to move freely across multiple OS (Mac,Win,Linux),
- it allows me to move between wordprocessor (even different Word version can give u trouble)
When drafting, I usually put my graphs and tables list at the end of the file.
After enough drafting, then I polish the format, insert the graphs-tables, and make a second n 3rd draft in LibreOffice or LaTeX.
Or it even goes simpler for R users:
- Type your draft using R Markdown
- Then with "knitr" package type on your R prompt:
> libraryknitr > pandoc format > pandoc format to convert from markdown to LaTeX/PDF > pandoc format to convert from markdown to MS Word > pandoc format to convert from markdown to OpenDocument